What is a Passion Project and Why You Should Have One
Have you ever heard of the term “passion project?” It is a project that results from purpose meeting passion. It is your unique contribution to the world. A project that is whole-hearted, authentic and natural. It gives you all sorts of “feels”. A passion project doesn’t have to necessarily align with what you are paid to do; it is something that is meaningful, gives you satisfaction and creates a state of “flow” within yourself. Visit my Instagram for my definition of flow.
When I started my passion project, I admit that I was worried about what other people would think. I didn’t want people to think I hated my career, because I didn’t. I just wanted more. I wanted to be able to integrate my passions with my career and utilize more of my skill set as a psychologist.
So, my journey started in 2014. I began the integration. I studied and received my certification as a fitness nutrition/wellness coach and also trained in a well-known and powerful fitness methodology to become a fitness trainer for children and adults.
Once I started focusing on my passions collectively, instead of separately, my energy and drive sky-rocketed!! I knew that integrating my psychology background with nutrition and fitness components to create a holistic and sustainable lifestyle coaching business was my purpose.
In 2017, I started up Balance. Balance is the holistic mind/body collective I dreamed about and I am just getting started!
Becoming more purposeful with my time, has reignited the fire inside of me to continue to make a difference in the lives of others. I hope that my story and platform will inspire others to do the same.
I highly recommend starting your own passion project….you never know where it will take you!
Here are a few of my favorite reasons why:
- My number one: your stress level will decrease- The release of stress hormones, like cortisol, will turn off and make room for more pleasurable ones, like dopamine(creating internal balance).
- You are creating a connection- Sharing your gifts with the world brings people together and makes a positive impact. It gets people curious to find out more. Everyone wants happiness and if they see how happy you are, it will raise their vibration too. You may even change someone’s life with your contribution.
- A chance to build your legacy- How do you want people to remember you?
- It’s an investment in you(internally and externally)- wouldn’t it be amazing if you could turn your passion into income?(I did, and I can show you how to!)
- If your passion is service-based, there are amazing benefits to volunteer/community work. Giving back improves your overall well-being. It decreases stress, increases fulfillment and increases gratitude.
- It gives you PURPOSE- Its why you get up in the morning with conviction and motivation. You have a pep in your step and the glass is half- full. Your passion projects create a meaningful and whole-hearted life.
What are you passionate about? How can you share it with the world? Let me know in the comment section, I would love to hear your contribution.